First of all I’m so sorry we havn’t blogged in so long. It’s been a bit busy around here. Camp is just around the corner and our classes have been keeping us busy.
I just finished an hour long webinar on the new “Silhouette Studio” software and all I can say is OMG (oh my goodness). If you own a Silhouette this new software is going to take you to new places! And if you don’t your going to want to!!!! Luckily Christmas is just around the corner (did I really just say that? Oh well)….have you been a good little crafter this year? Santa will want to know. Here are a few highlights from the webinar.
- First of all you can now download the Silhouette Studio Software at http://www.silhouetteamerica.com/software.aspx
- Review the Frequently Asked Questions…there is so much fun new stuff to learn
- The text tool is so very cool. You can create a text box and change just the words you want and see it right there on the screen!
- Knife Tool, this new tool lets you cut off parts of a design. For instance you just want the canopy part of an umbrella, now you can cut away the handle. (I think JoElle needed that tool just last week!)
- The Library is soooooo cool. You can sort and organize to your hearts content. I can’t wait to play with this.
- New search function works more like the online store. You can type in a word and find related images ie…halloween and you might get a pumpkin or bat. No need to type in the exact name of the image you are looking for.
- The split screen function let’s you look at functions, such as fill pattern/color while also seeing the image you are working with.
- The color fill tool is awesome!!! You can fill images/text with solid color, gradient color or patterns all while seeing the image/text change before your eyes and with just ONE click of the mouse.
- Also there is a double cut feature so no more copy paste…yipeee!!!
This is just the beginning. There is so much more it can do. The new software looks very different but is very user friendly. There is also a more comprehensive manual in the help section that you can even print out. Oh the possibilities!
Have a great weekend!